The Build Back Better Act is a jobs bill that will strengthen the American economy, create new and support existing good jobs, and ensure that we all are able to live in a clean and healthy environment. |
• For example, the United States has lost 270,000 manufacturing jobs since February 2020. Build Back Better is the way we get American manufacturing back on track.
• The manufacturing and industrial investments included in the Build Back Better Act would support 1.27 million total jobs over 10 years. They would also create or sustain hundreds of thousands of long-term jobs at thousands of factories established, expanded, or retooled with federal support and more throughout the economy.
• The investments in BBB will deliver good, union jobs for workers, lift up communities, make our country more equitable, and clean up our air and water so we leave a planet worth inheriting to future generations. Other examples include:
◦ CLEAN WATER: The $10 billion in the Build Back Better Act for lead service line replacement would result in a total of 133,800 jobs over 10 years.
◦ TRANSIT: The $19.75 billion investment in America's transit systems would result in a total of 264,256 jobs over 10 years.
◦ BUILDING EFFICIENCY: The Build Back Better Act includes $500 million for energy efficiency, resiliency, and renewable energy upgrades for public buildings as well as non-profit buildings would create a total of 33,450 jobs over ten years.
◦ TRANSMISSION: The Build Back Better Act would fund $2 billion dollars to update and modernize our transmission infrastructure, leveraging $2 billion in private funding for $4 billion total, which would create a total of 52,000 jobs over the 10 years.
◦ COMMUNITY AND WORKER RESILIENCE: A $36 billion investment in FEMA, NOAA, CCC programs—as in the Build Back Better Act—would result in a total of 602,899 jobs over 10 years.
• This jobs data is only the tip of the iceberg of the jobs that Build Back Better will create. It is available at www.bluegreenalliance.org/buildbackjobs.
• The House has done its job by passing this historic investment in America's working people will create good-paying jobs in communities across the country by investing in our infrastructure, by retooling and revitalizing our manufacturing sector to make the clean technologies of the future, by making our air and water cleaner, and by building a more equitable economy that benefits everyone.
• Now it is time for Senators to step up and pass the Build Back Better Act and send it to President Biden’s desk so we can have a recovery for America, by America.